Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Dog Days of Summer

Ahhhhhh coooooooool
Oh boy. It's hot again. I don't much like it when it's this hot. Sometimes it's hard to find a place to stay out of the sun and cool.

The best place is usually in the house. I don't like being in the house when it's nice outside but I don't like 'Roasting My Bacon' either. The Big Cats usually call us 'Fur Puddles' although I don't know what that means. All I hear is 'don't step in the fur puddle'.

He follows me everywhere!
Sometimes we like to rest under the boxy things in the door yard. They have shade and the bricks stay cool. That fat orange stripy cat always follows me where ever I go. I can't seem to get away from him.

More lounging in the shade.
I guess it's not so bad sharing my shade with the fat orange stripy cat. At least we don't have the energy to fight when it's this hot outside. Besides I think he's tired of me kicking his butt. The Big Cats say that we are just not as aggressive since we lost our 'knickers'. I don't know what knickers are and I don't know where mine went but I don't seem to miss them.

Ahhhh coooooool!
When it's really hot we sometimes spend the whole day in the basement. The Big Cat hangs out down there playing on something called a 'computer'. I don't know what a computer is but it's not for sleeping on in hot weather either. The Baby cat is smart. She likes to sleep on the floor in the basement.

There's plenty of spots to hide in the basement. Sometimes when it storms outside or a stranger comes to the house we hide in the basement. It makes us feel safe. It's good to be safe in our Forever Home.

Roasting bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment