Monday, June 30, 2014

Too Hot for an ole' Tom Cat

Sometimes shade is scarce.
It's terribly hot today. I don't like it much when it's this hot. When you're all covered with fur and you don't sweat it's hard to keep cool.

Sometimes shade is hard to find. There are the usual spots, front porch, back porch, under the thing the Big Cat calls a 'Dinky' and the odd parked car or two. The grass is fun to lay in and it cools your belly pretty good. I also like to roll in the dirt from time to time.

I really love my front porch. It's my favorite place to just hang out but in the afternoon it can get way too hot. When it gets too hot I usually go in the house and hang out in the basement with the Big Cat. He says it's much cooler down in the basement. Who knew he was so smart eh?

My bacon is hanging out?
The Big Cat laughs at me when I lay on the porch like this. He says "My bacon is hanging out" or "are you sunning your bacon?" I don't know what bacon is but I don't think I like it. The Big Cats seem to think it's funny when a poor ole' Tom Cat is roasting in the sun. I fear they will never truly understand me.

Kitty Sun Porch
For the longest time Momma cat never went outside. The Princess doesn't go outside either. One day the Big Cat built Momma and Shadow a screened in sun porch on the side of the house.

The Princess on her Sun Porch
The Big Cat built this for Momma and Shadow but we all take turns. Sometimes there's two or three of us in there. The Big Cat always worries it won't be strong enough for all our fat butts in there at one time. It's held up pretty well so far.


Smile for the Birdie
This morning I was lounging on the back porch when the Big Cat stuck that silly box thing in my face and said "Smile for the Birdie!" I know what a birdie is, I eats birdies but I got no idea what a 'smile' is so I shot him this look!

What do you think I'm saying to the Big Cat?

Thanks for looking in. More adventures with the Big Cat coming soon.

Cheers

Boots The ole' Tom Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment